Rheumotoide arthritis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well, latest update doctors have told me if my abdominal ultrasound is normal next week my doc is referring me to a rheumotologist my current symptoms are pain in top of back, constant chest pain (sharp pain during the night over last week) so scary!, sore neck burning feeling on left side of jaw sad they think it could be rheumotoid arthritus as other tests are coming back normal im so scared how this may affect my life l!!has anyone else had any similar diagnosis the doc said glandular fever could of triggered this off in my body im only 29 sad(  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Poppy,

So sorry to hear you are having these awful aches and pains still. I remember the phase of the virus, after about 9 months, just before I really started to recover thanks to God, where I started getting terrible joint pains in my knees, arms and all over it felt like. I had some bruising too and like you was worried about arthritis or something like that. I went to see a rheumatologist and he thought it was okay but I didn't have all that good an experience with him and it upset me a bit, but thankfully this phase did pass over inside maybe a month or two it's hard to remember exactly.

I really do want to reassure that this virus can do this with these aches and pains - I read somewhere one time it can cause something that's almost like a very temporary or reactive arthritis, which doesn't mean to say you have arthritis but means to say that the virus makes you feel that way for a spell - but absolutely then it does get better - I was so down when I had those pains Poppy thought I was always going to be in pain, but God healed and brought me through and want to reassure you that this can be normal for the virus and does go away - especially quite a period into it.

And another thought that I hope can offer encouragement - it was shortly after this episode I had with painful joints that i started to make a full recovery from the virus - looking back I feel it was almost like a final push from my body to get the virus under control, maybe this is what can happen just before a breakthrough or full recovery comes - really hoping and praying and believing that will be the case for you Poppy.

Hang in there and good luck with your ultrasound and rheumatology appointment, do let us know how you get on and also getting a blood test for the Rheumatoid Factor I think can hopefully rule out anything rheumatism related, maybe worth asking doc for if not already had even before rheumatology appointment.

Thinking about you and remember there IS HOPE and YOU ARE going to make a FULL recovery and these aches and pains WILL go as you get better!!

Craig

• Posted

Truly believing that for you Poppy hang in there x
    • Posted

Hi craig thanks very much for  sharing your experience & advice smile it means alot!! I never knew there was a seperate blood test to test for that??  You would think the doctor would test me before my app? Really hope it isnt that as i feel far too young sad( hate all the waiting too ill let you know how i get on!! The doc said it feels bone/muscular where i seem to be getting the pain!? Suppose ill have to wait sorry to hear you didnt have a good experience! Hope your feeling ok 😊

• Posted

Really scary to think your immune system could actually be attacking your own body really hope that isnt the case sad 
    • Posted

Hi Poppy,

Really hoping it is nothing like that, you are very young for something like that and I was same as you thought that’s what I had so think that the virus is capable of making you feel that way because of the real and awful pains it seems to cause I the joints. 

Thinking about you and just praying for a good outcome from you seeing the docs and they can give you that blood test and hopefully reassure you that it is not arthritis. This virus can def bring such pains so hoping that is the cause because that will go away if it is for sure. 

Craig 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.