Rhinitis or something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last few years I have suffered with intermittent watery eyes - usually one or other. Only in spring / summer months.

Since moving to East coast of England 2 years ago  I suffer more days than not with both eyes filling.. It is now October and have been suffering since april and things are just as bad!

I am in Uk.

I start in the morning before getting up with occasional sneezing, some slight plegm in throat, I notice that the watery eye thing is after a day of wearing make up especially eye make up. My nose streams too!

However - if I do not wear make up it does not make a great deal of difference immediately. as in next day but definately does do the next day I do not wear it.

I did go to the doctor who said it could be a sign of rheumatoid arthritis and if it persists should have a blood test for that.

I am wondering if it is allergy to something / rheumatoid arthritis or what?

I do have cats - but always have done, the only one thing re the cats is that we took on a new one Oriental with short fur a year or two back who does lie on my bed in the mornings.

This condition does go on all day tho until about 6pm and then my eyes usually dry.

When bad I have red lower and upper eylids and very slight redness in the whites of my eyes.

I do have blue eyes.

Any suggetions?


0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Though I am not a Doc, I feel it is just an alergy problem due to cats or some thing else. I do feel such a problem myself due to pollen when the season changes which finishes in a months time twice a year.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thank you for your comments Iqbal

      it could be an allergy to something but doubt that it is cat fur as I have had them - different ones all my life and i am now 60 years old. Had them in different quantities but always multiple since 17 yrs old! However do realise you can suddenly become allergic to anything! Just as you can suddenly become asthmatic.

      It mostly means a return visit to doctor to have some tests done.

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up