Rhomboid flap plastic surgery reconstruction

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello friends,

I am about to have a radical excision with a rhomboid flap plastic surgery reconstruction soon and I would like some responces on this operation please (had an operation before where it was stitched).

Thank you,

Yas.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

... I think I will go ahead with this operation as it seems very good.

Any comments, especially those concerning after the operation (how do you feel etc...), would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Yas.

• Posted

Hi there,

I have just had a reverse Y plasti which is a plastic surgery technique. I have had the condition for 4 years and this was the first plastic surgery intervention. My surgery did not work 100% as I redeveloped a sinus but i am 100% more comfortable after 6 weeks than i was previously. I am waiting to see if I will require another operation. Even with my experience I would say go for it. I have lived with this for 4 and a half years and would not wish it on anyone

• Posted

Thank you for that responce and would you please give me a link to describe the type of operation you had...

... how does, the area (where the sinus was), now feel? Can you do normal things as before (e.g sitting comfortably)?

I am about to have this Rhomboid flap (in about 3 weeks) and have heard that this is very good-- a good end to this unfortunate condition would be nice.

I appreciate your responce and wish you well.

• Posted

Hi Here is a link that describes the reverse Y plast and other surgical techniques to close the wound.

http://www.priory.com/surgery/V-Y%20plasty.htm

http://www.worldwidewounds.com/2003/december/Miller/Pilonidal-Sinus.html

This one is on laser removal of hair and the benifits to PS

www.touchbriefings.com/download.cfm?fileID=10540&action=downloadFile

Please note graphic pictures in these sites

Mine was above and under my clitoris hence the reconstruction but as far as I am aware this can be used in any area and can be closed as opposed to left open.

As i say I have had the sinus back but still 100% less painful than before. I am now having laser hair removal to try to aid the healing process.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.