Rhumatoid arthritus

Posted , 4 users are following.

just been diagnosed still a bit in shock have problems walking snd always tired have arnt all my forms off what happens next 

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Are you talking about CFS/ME  or rheumatoid arthritis
    • Posted

Hi Mary I was told to get a PIP claim form phoned up and they asked loads of questions and then sent more firms out that I filled in snd sent off last week have had to stop work
    • Posted

Hi vs. yes I phoned up and was grilled for 15 minutes. Then I was sent the form but after reading through it I didn't have the energy to complete it and I I didn't think I would get it, but I would encourage you to go for it. 
    • Posted

This is for at vsl and Mary. I got help from a lady that ran the local ME group. Do you have an ME group in your areas?
    • Posted

This is for at vsl and Mary. I got help from a lady that ran the local ME group. Do you have an ME group in your areas?
    • Posted

Yes there is one but I've not been as they meet too late in the day for me to manage it! 😁. Think there might be another one starting up soon though so I'll see if that might be more suitable. 
    • Posted

Well filled the form in and sent it off dint expect to get any help butbas I dont have any wages now thought it was worth a try its not like we are lieing is it
    • Posted

Well done for filling it in. Guess its a waiting game now and if they turn you down, make sure you appeal! I was turned down for ESA at first but I successfully appealed. Good luck x
    • Posted

I've only managed to get to one meeting in the years I've been a member  but they'll talk to you on the phone, Jacqui used to come to visit me and she went in my place to the DLA assessment, told me how to fill out the form and, well basically I couldn't have got it without her! She fought hard for me.

They even send Christmas and Birthday cards; they're so supportive. razz

• Posted

No we're not lying but the form is not designed for people with ME so I was advised to answer for my worst days.

If they say no you can appeal; I had to and it's best to get as many people on your side as you can, doctor, local ME group etc. My local MP wrote a letter supporting me! I got as much support as I could and I got DLA.

It's harder now I know but it's worth the fight! ME is so debilitating and horrendous and it needs to be more known about and understood by the medical profession (or madical profession as Bronwyn almost called them!) lol and the general population. We have to fight for our rights, not only for ourselves but for each other.

• Posted

what forms have you sent off, do you live in the UK, have you applied for some benefits
    • Posted

Dont no if there is anything I am entitled yo try for nut I do live in the uk
  • Posted

If you're in the UK the citizens advice beureau might be a good start. You could get some advice over the phone if you can't get to them physically perhaps.

You've made a good step joining this forum because there's so much support here from people who really understand what illness and pain is like. razz

• Posted

Its not jyst the pain and that's bad enough get do tired and weeping all the time
    • Posted

Well you're not alone now. Keep writing and sharing with us 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.