Rhyming thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone on here who has bipolar disorder at times find that their thoughts and statements come out in rhymes?  This is an example of what my mind does when it gets this crazy rhyming buzz. I got diagnosed with BD about eight years back, and the rhyming's getting worse and I think I'm going to crack. It's a compulsion that is messing with my mind, and my posts are often deleted because they think I'm being unkind. Its no joke

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I didn't see the rhymes right away had to look for them. Can you turn it into a skill or amuse people with it. There are people who pun and then say pardon the pun

• Posted

Hi DeeEmpty.

You're not alone.

Can i suggest you buy yourself a journal of sorts and write then down...?

I have kept books like this that contain rhymes, notes, lines of nothing but something, short stories and random thoughts, and have found it very helpful not to mention they're amazing to read years later!

It helps me when no-one else can.

Just a thought...

Good luck.

• Posted

There are many patients who are bi-polar who become writers and make money out of it. Alwaysalone has the right idea, write all the ryming and thoughts down you may end up famous, if you keep the best and get published.

BOB 

• Posted

this sounds as if you may have a bit of ocd that is running comorbidly with your bipolar. that is not unusual. i have an ocd thought disorder which runs with my bipolar and it can get really miserable at times.  ask your doctor, you may can change your medication to one that works on both issues. like prozac.  it helps me.........but that is just my experience...
  • Posted

Chemical addiction

Is a hedonist affliction

It can rhymify your diction

And condition what you do.

To heal your freezing soul

Is a real goal not a fiction

It will modify with friction

The impostor who is you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.