Rib and chest pain 12 years after heart bypass

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had heart bypass surgery 12 years ago. Had neve damage which the surgeon assired me would ho away over time. Well, it's worse than it's ever been and getting worse. Don't believe the surgeon whe they tell you that. Their way of avoiding lawsuits after making a mistake. The surgeon is gone , probably to the middle east with all the money he ripped off here in the U.S. or maybe he's in England. But my life is in the trash and been there for a long time now. It's very hard to get any kind of pain meds here that actually work. " govt. fighting drug abuse " . I can't carry a gallon of milk 50 ft without excruciating pain lasting 24/7 for at least a month. Anyone out there ever experience dibilitating chest and left rib pain after heart bypass several years ago and it just get worse every year?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Still me ! Just didn't know exactly wher to post this. Sorry if it's the srong place.

• Posted

Don't feel bad if it is the wrong place.. Anyway I got my neuropathy pain after taking harvoni for hep c, a wonderful side effect along with many others. I told my infectious disease doctor that about 6 months ago and she told me it should go away. Well 6 months has gone by with no sign of it going away and lawyers are too afraid to take on the drug companies! Either that or they would get a payoff just like the doctors do when they give out a new drug.. I am so p****d off, I don't trust doctors anymore and I think most of them are scum and liars. I can't get any pills for this pain either, all they give out are anti depressants for the pain and that makes it worse! Todays health care has gone down the tubes!! I know how you feel....

• Posted

Not sure what happened to everything I typed just now. Just seemed to disappear. Don't know if it went or not. Anyway , I have 100.7 degree twmp and chills. Gonna make this one short.. because of all the flooding from Harvey. I'm in Port Arthur , Texas

Got 43 inches of rain in 4 days. But I'm not flooded. Don't know how that happened but I"m happy about it. Can"t believe I' developrd this junk now. As if things weren't already screwed up.

• Posted

My typing has disappeared before too and I retyped it 4 times!! I am in Burlington vt
    • Posted

Still waiting for things to dry out around here. Very few places are open. One pharmacy only open about 5 hours a day. I stood in line for 3 1/2 hours yesterday to get a bottle of antyibiotics for this infection. This is awful ! Just hope these get rid of the infection. Thanks for your reply Kenny. Doctors seem to be the most conceded people on the planet with politicians right behind them.
    • Posted

I know what you mean about doctors and politicians, they say one thing and do another that people don't agree with and they do it in their "best" interest..

• Posted

Well, I guess these new anyibiotics are working. 5 days to go at 3 a day. No more fever or coughing . But have excruciating nerve pain that has spread from inside my chest down through my stomach. Sooo discusted. If it's not one thing , it's another. Hate the idea of living out my life in this condition with no hope of an answer. I know the pain will go away after a couple of weeks but will return as soon as I lift a gallon of milk or something else. All because of a 2 bit surgeon. And all the advice out there is , listen to your doctors. Doctors today are about as sharp as marbles. If a test turns out normal , they are ready to be paid and just get you out of their hair. They have no idea how to investigate a problem or what you should do next. How did our "medical professionals " become so stupid so quickly. Most have wasted their money on education or they've simply forgotten everything. Ok , I'm finished with my rant , for now anyway.. just doesn't seem to be anywhere else to express my dissatisfaction about my medical issue..

• Posted

Hi jessie,

I just wanted to comment about your statement of trying to get adequate pain meds and not being able to do so.  I too, have had surgery, 17 of them.  All for orthopedic problems.  Both knees 4 arthroscopic procedures on each knee to remove torn cartledge.  $ shoulder reconstructive procedures on left shoulder and 1 on right shoulder for multiple shoulder dislocations.  I also have had surgery on my lumbar spine to remove a herniated disc, and 2 kiva on 2 compression fractures on my thorisic spine.  I've been on strong opiate medications for 10+ years and I carry my medical records with me and I still have problems getting them.  Most of the waked out doctors try to tell me that I shouldn't be in pain because all the surgeries fixed the problems...

AND HOW WAS YOUR DAY!!!

RICK

• Posted

Jesus ! I had a wonderful day ! And you , my friend , have just made me realize that. Thank you for the wake up call. I , and many others , forget to count our blessings. My two triple heart bypasses are a walk in the park , compaired to what you've been through. And sorry to hear you also have problems with the meds.

• Posted

I know what you mean about getting pain meds from doctors, they are so worthless and all they give out are anti depressants that don't help with the pain, all they do is make your mind go crazy! They are so afraid real pain medications will make you addicted. I have a problem with my spine and not my brain.. lol but these so called doctors think the pain is all in my head.. I would gladly give it to them...

• Posted

IT IS REALLY ASHAME THE PAIN DOCTORS FOLD IN THE USA UNDER INTENSE PRESSURE FROM THE DEA TO STOP WRITING FOR OPIATE PAIN MEDICATION.  THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE THAT DO ABUSE THEM AND ARE O/DINING BUT THEY CAN STILL CARE FOR THOSE THAT REALLY NEED THEM AND CAN PROVE IT WITH MEDICAL RECORDS.

THANKS KENNY

• Posted

It doesn't make sense giving the DEA power in the medical field. It seems a bit beyond their realm. Or , at least ot should be.

• Posted

Yes, and since how long has the DEA had their doctors licenses? They are just as corrupt as the rest of the politicians, lol
    • Posted

Makes one wonder about the , so called " watch dog angencies " . Just another paycheck for people who have no skills to earn an honest living with. Who are they watching. The FDA, DEA, OR THE MDA...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.