Rib cage pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

It's been happening for 2 days and it hurts whenever I walk, talk, sneeze, laugh and a lot more and I don't know what to do. I don't know if I should contact the doctors.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Always contact the doctors if you are worried. The process to find out what is wrong can be a long one so best to start as soon as you can.

I've been to 2 Ers an urgent care center, my GP and a walk in. I'm still unsure.

• Posted

I had ribcage pain that started in October 2014 for three months and the pain was agonising all round my breast tissue as well as my ribcage and round my upper back.  I was diagnosed with Costochondritis.  I was told to take Nurofen and wait it out and that by January 2015 the pain would go.  When January came, the pain went away.
    • Posted

Wow.. that's crazy, yea not sure what's causing this pain, hoping it's nothing serious.

Waiting on results.

• Posted

I was told that no one really knows what causes costochondritis but stress is thought to be a factor and I had major stress that year before the pain started.  The strange thing was that I was diagnosed straight away but the same doctor was unable to diagnose my IBS the following year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.