Rib charlie horse

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone experience sharp pains in the rib area like a charlie horse or muscle spasms? it usually occurs if i bend over to tie my shoe or when getting out of the car. Then the atea stays sore for a day or two?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm glad you posted this. I'm going through the same thing right now only thing is mine is located in the middle of my back at the level of my ribs and sometimes refers to the front just below my breasts. It's so uncomfortable.

• Posted

Yes! I ended up getting a full major organ body ultrasound because of it. Nothing showed other than a benign cyst on my left ovary. It could have been there for years. Still have to go back in may to get it rescanned. But charlie horse rib pan is an accurate description!

• Posted

I meant kidney not ovary (though I do have cyst on my ovaries too). Both of them are normal.

• Posted

I experience the same thing when I bend down to tie my shoe as well. It feels like something shifted above my ribs. Not sure what it is, but it's disturbing.

• Posted

I dont know what it is but i am still sore today i thought maybe it was my underwire bra? haha no idea

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.