rib lump? Advice?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a really tiny lump right under my breast on the left side of my rib cage. It’s smaller than a pea, it is round or ovalish, it is slightly movable and it is not too hard and not too soft. I am 20 years old, I also don’t feel pain in it unless I press super hard. 

I’ve been to two doctors and asked them to feel but neither of them would, they said since they can’t see it it’s fine (which makes no sense to me)  I’m just wondering if I should be concerned at all? I have horrible anxiety so stuff like this keeps me up at night, I appreciate any answer I can get, thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Airisto, 

I’m sorry you are going through this. I know how anxious you must be. To give yourself peace of mind I would definitely seek an opinion of another doctor who would a least feel your lump.  A moveable lump is a good sign. It’s more than likely nothing to worry about. Over 80 percent of breast lumps are benign and at your age, the odds are definitely in your favor. 

Good luck! 

LovEbony 

• Posted

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply, I finally pushed for that ultra sound and nothing showed up on the screen. They told me it must be a fatty lump since it’s invisible. I think I’ve calmed down a lot since then, thanks for the advice! 
  • Posted

It's ridiculous that the doctors couldn't even be bothered to feel for the lump, perhaps a woman doctor would be more concerned.  Having said "concerned" it could be that what you have is what is quaintly called a breast mouse or fibroadenoma. I had one many years ago, small, slightly painful if pressed and moveable. I saw a consultant who said she might as well take it out there and then which she did and it's never come back.   Look up breast mouse or fibroadenoma and you might hopefully be reassured that it can easily be treated if that's what it is.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.