Rib Pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone get intense rib pain like a burning sensation. Nearly two years with costp really fed up 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

To be honest, mine is more like a bruised feeling. If I press on my ribs, or if I stretch, they feel sore. It seems to vary in severity.

However, I do think everyone's experience with Costo is so different. Mine is always in my lower ribs, I've never had pain in my sternum. Maybe someone will come along and reassure you that theirs is also a burning pain.

I've had mine now for about 2 years, and if anything, it's getting worse x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I get mine in most of my ribs i really thought it would have gone by now 😦

• Posted

Is there any chance you could have acid reflux? That can cause a burning sensation under your ribs.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply yes i'm on ppi for reflux

• Posted

Do you take regular vitamin and mineral tablets? I also take PPI tablets and found out I was vitamin d and b12 deficient. PPIs can stop you absorbing vitamins. Vitamin d deficiency is very common and can affect your bones so if you don't already take vitamins and mineral tablets, I would recommend taking them to prevent any potential future problems.

• Posted

i'm having treatment for something else at the moment so i can't vitimin d. But thank you it's something to look into

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.