Rib Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

my first discussion, so bare with me. I have kyphoscoliosis and one of my pains at moment is lower pain in my ribs, I try to explain it but to someone who has no spinal problems , its hard to explain to them or for them to understand. They are sore and in the way , they constantly hurt when breathing in an out and when sitting I feel as if I am sitting compressed and its terrible when I have eaten, it's painful and it feels like I have eaten a hell of a meal and the food is in the way. I do have the one shoulder blade protruding and the front rib cage, so I guess im rotating. Does anyone else feel this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Val, I have scoliosis so most of my pain when I have it is located in my lower spine / tailbone area however, I encourage everyone with spine issues to try Bikram Yoga. Bikram Yoga is a gentle stretching yoga practiced in a hot humid room. I found it really helps me with both the pain and the alignment of my spine. You might consider giving it a try. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Val - I just found this forum. I also just found out I have scoliosis. Went to my Ortho doctor for osteoarthritis in my hips and he took a back x ray. I have had a pain in my right lower rib for years. Had an x ray of ribs but everything looked good. I am now realizing that it is because of the scoliosis, and the doctor said that is what is causing the pain. Hurts the most when I sit for a long time. I do feel better knowing what is causing the pain, not that it helps at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.