rib pain dut to cs

Posted , 5 users are following.

as i have read the threads lately, the one thing i am suffering hasnt been mentioned. along with the usual symptoms i am experiencing, i have crushing pain around my ribs it hurts to breathe and it is like someone is sat on my chest, at the moment it is from my shoulders to my waist, i feel like i am holding my breathe. has anybody any ideas? this is the worst of the symptoms so far.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was diagnosed with C.S. and herniated cervical disc (c6/c7) earlier this year. I have also been experiencing pain like you describe. I find it very frightening and nothing like any symptoms I've come across regarding C.S. Been to my G.P. and waiting for a diagnosis on this but I have suggested to my G.P.that I have degenerative disc disease and I suspect thoracic (and lumbar) spondylosis and have just had blood tests for inflammatory conditions and a physio referral. I'm no expert but I have read that thoracic spondylosis can cause symptoms like you mention.
  • Posted

This could be muscular pain. I have had this too. It is very painful and needs to be treated in its own right.

Your muscles tend to tighten up, and try to protect the damaged area. It does not take much for this to happen, but the consequences can be very painful. And it can affect the muscles all the way down your spine.

It does not mean that you have developed CS in another area. It can be just a reaction to what is going on somewhere else.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Juniper

• Posted

would like to know if anyone suffers with heart in the mouth syptoms?
  • Posted

heart in the mouth symptoms? is this related to vertigo as well. i have recently been treated for dizziness, and the heart in the mouth you describe, itis without doubt frightening and disorentating. i have been prescribed new meds and they seem to have worked touch wood. what with pain in my ribs, dizziness, and now lower back pain. how much resistance have other members met from there gp's, thanks everyone.
  • Posted

I have rib pain also, mine was diagnosed as chostochondritis it can be very painful, it feels as if my rib cage is in a spasm not always in the same area though. Also it comes and goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.