Rib pain from gastric band

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone ever experience pain on the rib where the port is connected. Iv pain last 2 weeks on my left pain. At first I thought I hurt myself at work but I think it may be to do with my band

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

my port is on my breastbone in the centre of my chest - is this where yours is situated - some people have their's on their side further down their abdoment - if you are experiencing pain it might be an idea to get it checked out incase you have bumped it - good luck

• Posted

Yeah i think my port is in same position as yours. Its a few inches directly below my band. The tube that connects band to port is around my left rib where i have the pain. I am quite active in my job which I think is adding to this. (I'm a childminder with 3 children under 5 at the minute so think this may have something to do with it )

• Posted

probs best to get it checked out just to be sure nothing untoward is going on - a check up wont do any harm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.