ricochette of pain from sitting down

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just had a joint conconsultation with 2 spinal consultants as the first one I saw was not 100% on what was happening. I am experiencing pain all down my left hand side. The second consultant said that the pain I am getting in my leg was not coming from my neck, but from my hip.I know for a fact that it is coming from my neck. I have trouble with discs from c3 right down to c7, due to an unusual curve in my neck. They are all bulging discs, but one of them has worn aw. So now, every time I sit down i get a ricochet up my back, and the pain is really bad. I think I have been taking my medication for too long, that it is not having much of an affect. I am now waiting to go for a CT scan and I hope I don't have to wait too long

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could be the straightening of the spine when sitting down that is giving you the pain my arm gives me pain and goes dead if I stand or sit straight to ease it I sit forward to bend the spine to place less pressure  also have leg pain I have problems from c3 to c7 
    • Posted

Hi Ashton. My left arm is very sore. It feels like the muscle at the top front of my arm is being torn. I also have really bad shooting pains all the way down my left leg. If I try to walk properlly, the pain is really bad. I have been back to my gp, and all they have done is upped my amitriptyline and said they cannot do anything more.
    • Posted

C5 /C6 is giving my arm pain numbness  the neurosurgeon  said I also have congenital stenosis too yep that's what the dr did to me when my pain got bad is up the amitriptyline to 50 mg waiting to go back to see surgeon in May with op he can't promise to take away the pain rolleyes 
    • Posted

That's what is going to happenwwith me. I have a CT scan coming up, then the next move is surgery. I have been told by the surgeon that the surgery is going to be rather complex, as the are going to try and sort out the curve, it is a rather big curve that will require having a rod put in. I am scared to death of having the surgery though.
  • Posted

Yea my curve has reversed too another part of the problem got my next neurosurgeon  visit around May I'm having more leg symptoms and been told by the hospital physio to make notes of any changes especially from the waist down good luck with everything 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.