Riding in the Car

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi..I have noticed that being in a car causes my tinnitus to be worse. 

I am not sure why...I usually do not notice it until I get where I am going and then notice it once I have been out of the car for a while.  The ringing in the ears is so loud and bothersome.  However I am not bothered by dizziness.

Usually I notice it after being in the car for 30 minutes or more.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Thanks! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sharon, the motion sickness that comes with MD can have so many manifestations. Yes, being in the car if I am not driving and focusing my vision on the road, makes me very ill- nausea, pressure, dizziness, etc....
    • Posted

Hi....have you found anything to help you with this?
    • Posted

Yes, I always have to drive myself everywhere I go and I avoid windy roads, airplanes, cruise ships, swimming underwater, the dock, and more and more etc.....

You just learn how to live with it...sorry I can't give you a fast relief solution. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.