Riedel's Lobe

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all. i have terrible health anxiety and have struggled with it for some time now. yesterday i paid for a self referral MRI of my abdomen just to give myself peace of mind that I'm fine. the radiologist said i have a nice, normal looking abdomen with no masses or inflammatory processes anywhere. he did say in the report i have a "congenital Riedel's lobe of the liver" that made my liver "generous in size" but still within normal limits. i am 31 and have never had an alcoholic beverage in my life nor have i ever tried a cigarette. my labwork is always perfect including all my liver enzymes. he did state in the report that there were no liver masses and the liver was smooth with no evidence of cirrhosis. im just very freaked out by this "Riedel's lobe" thing as i dont understand it... has anyone else been told they have this?? so worried right now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes. I just found out i have a Riedels lobe after an ultrasound I had to due to elevated liver enzymes and pain under the right rib.

Doctors aren't sure if that is what is causing my pain but it's unlikely. Riedel's lobe is just a variant of a normal liver but with an extra bit basically. Nothing to worry about.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.