Right abdominal pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I first started experiencing right abdominal pain 2 years ago. I have undergone a serious of progressive testing. Ultrasound found nothing unusual, Endoscopy diagnosed gastritis. CT indicated tumor/chrohns. Subsequent colonoscopy found nothing. Second colonoscopy also found nothing.

Pain is about a 3 or 4 out of 10, most of the times is isolated to just under the right rib and sometimes extends

straight to the back. Sometimes pain extends down along the right side. Sometimes lower right ribs are sore. Seems worse when laying down, especially on right side. Seems movement affect the discomfort. Lastly pain will last several weeks/months and then go away for several weeks/months only to come back again.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

ive had very similar pain after a really bad bout of glandular fever. they also told me gastritis after an endoscope. im pretty sure now thats what the pain is. have you found anything at all that relieves the pain?

• Posted

hey i have the same exact thing.. right sided pain but also have heartburn and an upset stomach and i think it is gastristis as all my other tests have came back clear, do you get the same pain and what other sypmtoms are you experiencing

• Posted

I've taken Advil at night to help me sleep but not sure that it has worked that well. I still wake up at 4 in the morning because of the discomfort.

• Posted

Sounds like gastritis since that was diagnosed. Try to stay calm and eat blandly, avoiding anything spicy, fatty or rich. Has the doctor given you a PPI? Try a food diary to identify food triggers. Accept the gastritis diagnosis.

• Posted

Have you been tested for gallstones? My cousin used to get attacks of pain like you described and eventually developed pancreatitis and needed the gall bladder removing.

• Posted

Not recently. When I got the CT however 2 years ago, I think the report said my gallbladder was clear.

• Posted

tour CT indicated tumor/chrons ? what is that and what did the doctors say about it?

• Posted

No. In fact, I didn't know the CT diagnosis until after my first colonoscopy. It is why I got a second colonoscopy, in order to get a second opinion. I never did ask how the CT diagnosis was incorrect. I guess I was just thankful it was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.