Right arm weakness, doctors dont know.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me. I have been experiencing a lot of symptoms for the pas 6 months, but I have no idea what to do anymore.

I'm a healthy 22 year old asian student, who doesn't drink, smoke and was pretty active at sports. I've been experiencing significant muscle weakness in my right upper arm( dominant arm), to the point where my right arm can't lift glasses normally anymore and is doing these strange movement to compensate for the weakness, my arm has the tendency to be in the flex position . I have also been noticing widespread fine twitches, paresthesia and muscle shaking around the biceps without overly exerting myself.

Docs have examined me and couldn't find any clinical weakness, although functionally there is weakness. Emg was done at the biceps/ triceps, all clean. Mri of the spine and brain was also done and was also clean. No abnormalities found in the blood work.

So as you can see I'm at a loss, the arm weakness is still there and it is influencing my daily activities. Perhaps you might have some insight of all of this.

Thanks for reading my long story.

Dt

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely see a good neurologist. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, well I'm actually seeing another neurologist for a second opinion. The other neurologist thinks it's nothing to be afraid of, but it's clearly has taken an influence on my daily things, if not then I wouldn't be that worried about it.

• Posted

Hello thesame exact thing with me, Doctors have  no clue what it is.. I have 3 MRI, 2 EMG already all normal. 6 months Physical Therapy still not improving. Stay in touch ..hope you are better now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.