Right buttocks pain causing other pains

Posted , 3 users are following.

Exactly two weeks from today I was skateboarding. At full speed I ate it super bad directly onto my right lower buttock/hip. I knew it was bad but I was able to do a few tricks more before noticing it was swelling up. It swelled up so much it felt like when I sit I was sitting on a coconut inside my butt. Fricken crazy. It really made my range of motion limited. I tried surfing and pushing through the pain. But when I try to stand up I get shot with a pain that literally freezes me and I fall with the wave and eat it. After two weeks I really have been able to stretch the area and the swelling has gone down. Now two week laters I am almost perfect, except that exact movement when I surf which is when my knees are tight together and I try to stand up. Which is an unbearable sharp pain that freezes me and everyday life I really don’t use the muscle except when I surf and I love surfing!! rolleyes I am also noticing other pains in my lower lower back close to my coccyx bone which get swollen and tight and feels like fire. I am also getting weird pain on the backside of my leg where my knee is. How can I get better fast? I can do everything in this world except that exact movement when I stand up to surf. There is a big swell coming from the hurricanes and I’ve been waiting all year I really want to surf. Is there any medications that would help me when I surf or anything I can do to get that back to normal fast? Also what exactly might be wrong with me. Cus normally when I fall it hurts for 2-3 days this has been two fookin weeks!! Lmk

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I was doing the same thing as you, but just in a different sport. I used to play Rugby. I loved it. I was 195 pounds and loved to hit and take out the big guys that were 240-280. I hurt my lower back as well. one day the pain would be there and the next it would be gone so I would get back to running and hitting and what not. one day I was on the field (we call it a pitch) and was hit head on. I had an explosion of pain, Worst I had ever felt and i was literally screaming at the top of my lungs. I had herniated two of my discs at the same time although i didn't know it at the time. I was in pain for every minute of every day for a year and a half hoping that the pain would go away. I had to have surgery to relieve the pain. my life was never the same and eventually I had to give up rugby altogether. I was 23 when that happened. I just underwent my second surgery at the age of 32 and a baby on the way. It is all because I didn't listen to my body and go to a doctor to start to figure out what is wrong with me. I have to live with a s**t back for the rest of my life. a back that will stop me from doing what I love, playing with my dogs, playing with my kids, taking care of my family, and god only know how bad it is going to get later down the line. what about when I am 50, 80? 

I am not saying to stop doing what you love, but if you don't take a break and fix your problem now, it can change your life and not for the better. go to a doctor for an evaluation and be very honest with him/her so they can tell you what you need to do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.