Right distal humerous fracture

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone ,

I broke my right arm just over six weeks ago, i was out having a few drinks with my colleagues after work and we had an arm wrestling match. Well I obviously lost as the bone snapped. I have never felt pain like it in my life.

I got to the hospital and was told I had to have surgery on it. surgery was successful but left me with a numbness on the majority of my arm both upper and lower and still ongoing.

I started physio last week and seemed fine for the week xray revealed the bone was healing well and they were happy for me to start physio.

almost six days after physio I am experiencing cracking in my shoulder and a lot of discomfort as well as this its seems to be a little inflamed.

can anyone recommend anything for this with the shoulder or share a similar story with me.

the pain around the scar seems to be fine but again quiet numb , the cracking of the shoulder is freaking me out.

any experience this pain. six weeks for surgery.

thanks Jennifer

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there, sorry to hear of your break.

It's a long road to recovery I'm afraid.

Please join our Facebook group, fractured humerus. There's lots of information and people in the same situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.