Right ear pain.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I have bad itching in right ear for almost one year. It especially bad after shower. At some point I was scratching it probably too intensive and got a fullness feeling right after.

One week ago I had something very strange. I had tinnitus the night before and woke up in the morning with my right ear blocked. I very rarely have tinnitus, I probably had it only few times for the whole life. So with my right ear I was able to hear very poorly, maybe 20-50%. So far I had two ENT doctors appointments. The first one said it may be Meniere's. The ear blockage was resolved afternoon. I also had a pressure feeling that day.

I also had bad reflux before that Im currently trying to manage but have dry cough sometimes all day.

Now, one week after the episode I sometimes have light right ear pressure feeling and minor right ear pain that is worse after coughing.

I also have minor tinnitus all the time but its only noticeable in the silence. It doesn't bother me much.

I started taking Claritin and so far I dont have itching anymore but Im worry about Meniere's and pain.

Would you please tell me what can it be?

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'd like to add that two ENT doctors didn't find any signs of infection. They also looked with the camera in the nose/throat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.