Right flank and abdominal pain for over 4 weeks

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys I need some advice. I was hospitalized back in October 2016 for extreme pain from my right kidney and was told it was swollen and signs of blockage. After a few hours of fluids and morphine I was sent home.

A few weeks ago I noticed right flank pain but it hasn't gotten to the point of serious pain to go back to the ER. I let 3 weeks pass before heading to the walk in. They did a urine test and found microscopic hematuria with no sign of a UTI. He gave me flomax along with 600mg of ibuprofen.

Is it normal to have pain come and go for this long? I get married in 19 days and I cannot afford to end up in the hospital on my big day nor end up having to have surgery 😭

I'm freaking out!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would say go to er and have a CT scan. You could have a stuck stone. I had that happen in early February and put it off til I was in so much pain I was throwing up. Needless to say I had a 10mm stone stuck in my ureter and since March 29th I have had 3 surgeries with 4 stent placements. I know this is not what you want to hear with upcoming prenuptials coming(congrats btw) however it is a mess and I recommend going to er Stat and telling them you are in horrible pain so you get that CT. At least after that you can tell what is going on.

• Posted

No MRI/X-ray/scan to see if there are any additional stones?  I have multiple stones (passed over 30 before I stopped counting) you can scan to see if there are any in your kidney/bladder and know what's going on

• Posted

You need to get this sorted.

I appreciate you have a wedding coming up, congratulations.

How bad is the pain? Do you need some painkillers just to get you through your big day?

You can then deal with the issue afterwards.

Don't just carry on without going back to doctor or hospital.

I have a large kidney stone at the moment and the pain comes and goes.

Whatever you do do not let this spoil your big day.

Good luck with this all.

Take care and keep in touch

Love Sarah xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.