Right Flank Pain, Xiphoid Process Discomfort, Daily Rashes

Posted , 2 users are following.

34 year old male, been dealing with health issues since September. I have pain on my right side and now pain in the middle of my lower chest area where the xiphoid process is. In January I started getting rashes on my hands that would burn and sting and be itchy all night long, that gas stopped but I do get rashes everyday. Cant pinpoint it at all.

Tests I have done so far:

1. Blood Tests
  2. Urine Samples
  3. Scope
  4. Colonoscopy
  5. CT Scan
  6. Fibro Scan (Liver)
  7. Ultrasounds of abdomen, pelvis and legs (Legs for blood clots)

Blood work, had higher than normal bilirubin levels, not high enough to cause pain or issues I am being told. Normal levels are 20 or below mine was 26, then down to 22 as I started exercising and dieting more.

Ultrasound showed NASH, fatty liver. I am being told it isn't that severe. Still waiting on fibro scan results.

Urine samples both times showed miniscule amounts of blood, not visible to the eye.

Ultrasound showed cyst on left kidney. Doctors aren't concerned due to size and imaging.

Saw a dermatologist in regards to rashes, gave me an allergy pill to take. Skin rash is visible every day when I wake up before eating or touching anything. Rash is mainly on wrists and hands, is now showing up on forehead and near pressure point area near eye. Allergy pill takes awhile to kick in. As fast it comes as fast as it goes as fast as it returns!

Waiting for allergy testing. Did allergy testing 3 years ago, had no environmental allergies. Have never been tested for food allergies.

Pain in chest below sternum and the right side pain are concerning. Any help would be great.

Dan

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Definitely think the rash is associated with your liver. Keep off alcohol and any fatty food. Lots of fruit and veg in your diet. Have you been given any medication? There are so many causes of this sort of situation that you have to keep close contact with the doctor/s who are trying to find the trigger/s.

Is there any instance of liver problems in your family? Ask your Mum/Dad etc. They may be able to give you some useful info which could help with a diagnosis. If they come up with any info, then do let your doctor know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.