Right groin pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies, Just wondering if any of you have experienced what I think is groin pain, mainly on right side? I seem to get mine anytime from ovulation to days before my period. I have had this on and off for three years, I have had many pelvic ultra sounds, x rays, pap test, fecal occult test, many urine cultures, everything comes back normal. I have seen a pelvic floor physio therapist where she diagnosed me with tight pelvic floor muscles, I also had a recent test that says I have a leaky gut, which explains my ibs issues. Just wondered if anyone else has had this, since getting this three years ago, I have developed GERD, intersistial cystitis, I blame perimenopause causing all this as there is nothing showing up on testings.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi how long before your period is due do you get this pain?

• Posted

HI Bev,Usually it starts a week to 10 days before period, sometimes mid cycle at ovulation. This last month it seemed to go on for two weeks and even a day after my period.I feel like it has to do with the pelvic floor, once things swell up getting ready for a period its like everything in my pelvis is being pulled including my bowels. I do get gassiness and constipation when that pain happens. A friend of mine she had this for years but once she hit menopause it stopped, so there is hope.

• Posted

I have this on left side sometimes - at the moment its my neck and feet though lol x

• Posted

yes I've had this with pelvic floor dysfunction it has gotten better with physio doctors kept telling me I had sprained my groin but it was pfd if my pelvic floor flares it happens...now that I am strengthening my pelvic floor it happens less often

• Posted

Hi -

I have had this same pain for about a week on my right side. It is after my period though which is weird. Being that is so close to the appendix make me wonder if it is a cyst or appendicitis. It feels like a pinching pain that comes and goes. Is that how yours feels?

Thanks,

Marina

• Posted

yes exactly a good word for it.....pinching! Sometimes it is sharp, sometimes it is an ache, if I stretch or move it sometimes helps, I wonder if it is trapped gas. My many ultra sounds they say is clear.This past month I have had it longer than usual.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.