Right hand side neck pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, Im new to this forum, I have had right hand side neck pain for months, it goes up into my head and Im so fed up. I have health anxiety and I think its all sorts of horrible things. Does anyone else just have pain on one side. I had a brain MRI 3 years ago which was clear except for a bulging disc between C3 & C4 does anyone know if this could cause it? Any advise would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

I've had the MRI and was told by the neurologist that I had severe arthritis in the neck and upper back. I had been having headaches and neck problems for years. Was told that nothing would help and to have acupuncture and physio and medication when it got really bad. The acupuncturist gave me a brochure on Makko-ho which is a shiatsu stretching method and I now do these stretches about 3 times a week and have not needed any other treatments. You can find the stretches on Utube. I do just three of the basic ones either on the floor or on a bed and somehow it has given me a painfree life. My pain was always on the right side of my neck, going out to my shoulder.

Cheers

Kate

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, I have found the exercises on you tube and will try today x

• Posted

I have bulging discs at c3/c4 and t1/t2. plus I have a herniated disc at v5/c6. If your bulging disc is located so that the bulge is impinging upon the nerve, yes, it could be causing your pain. I suggest you get an MRI to determine the extent and location of the bulge. additionally, you can get an EMG test to assess the degree to which your nerves are effected. All that aside, I suggest your problem may be a matter of acutely spasming muscles in your neck. I say this because you complain of pain in your head; presumably where the muscles anchor onto the skull. A Physical Therapist can aid you in doing exercises and manipulations that will ease the related muscles. Alternatively, you can search YouTube for videos on the treatment of soar and stiff necks. I hope you find relief soon.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, its so good to know other people understand what your experiencing x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.