Right hand upper stomach pain :-(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all, wondering if anyone has an idea what is going on or has had similar.  I had a period of two weeks solid pain back in May which manefested in my upper abdomin , right hand side around gallbladder. I had an ultrasound which showed sludge. After two weeks the pain went away. For the past 10 days I have had the same pain. The issue is I am not convinced its gallballer as the pain pattern doesnt seem to match what I read online. I am in constant pain and it feels more like knawing pain. I also have bad reflux which is made worse by lying down or leaning forward. IN addition I am having throat tightness / what feels like a lump in my throat and spasms. I am VERY windy! and not sleeping well! Stomach is sore to the touch and the pain seems a bit too high up for gallbladder

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I had my gallbladder removed in may and have had constant gurgling and burping and pain under ribs on upper right waiting to go for ultra sound getting really fed up doc just keeps fobbing me off
  • Posted

I had pain below right rib cage, it radiated upper belly and back followd by some constipation, GPs didnt suspect it was my Gallbladder since ultrasound was clear but HIDA scan showed low ejection rate, i was really worry so doctor sent me for endoscopy and result was nothing sinister, Now i am eating healhty diet n pretty much everything is improved.

every1 may have different symptoms but its best to follow up with your GP or get referral to GL or perhaps an endoscopy to put your mind at Ease.

• Posted

Hi I had pain in the upper middle area with bad reflux the pain moved to my right side just under the upper right rib, breathing was a problem aswell they thought it was a stomach ulcer but on scan they could see Gb stones. I have just had my Gb out no reflux or pain just bruseing from operation. The throat feeling your experiencing could be caused by the reflux try 2 pillows or raise the bed 7 inches higher this should help. As to the Gb I would push for the MRI and get it done. my wife called a abalance with the last attack 8 days in hospital just aswell turned out it was infected. if you do have a bad attack call the emergency services it will help you get diognosed and if needed removed good luck.

• Posted

I had very similar problems before I even knew I had gallstones, i use to get the most severe indigestion that would leave me feeling faint and queasy, it would radiant into my back and shoulder blades, for three years I thought I just had acid reflux as the doctors kept telling me that was the problem I also had a very tender tummy all the time and felt so low and miserable, ask for another scan as believe me it doesn't get any better!

• Posted

I have back pain as well. They said it could be related to the digestion issue. I just want to feel better . I had a CT and it showed everything was normal. If this is part of the healing process, it is hard to handle. No something that a pain medication will help. I don't want to mess up my stomach more by taking a narcotic. My reflux started about two weeks ago. Good thing to do is elevate your head with like 3 pillows. Also do not try to lay down for at least 3 hours after you eat. I learned that the hard way. What did they say about the sludge? I hope you feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.