RIGHT HEMICOLECTOMY

Posted , 3 users are following.

My husband had a right hemicolectomy and removal of the appendix he had diverticulitis. its been 9 months and his ankles suddenly started to get swollen, they gave him water pills, he never, never had that problem before.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Water pills otherwise known as a diuretic should reduce foot swelling but make sure he drinks a lot of water to prevent dehydration.

• Posted

he has the highest dosage of water pills and it doesn't work as much. its mostly the calfs that get swelling. we are thinking it can also be his high blood pressure pills. we have been reading up on forums about the surgery and no one has said they have gotten swelling. i think he needs to go back and see his doctor.

• Posted

Hi I had this operation after my bowel perforated due to the same disease. I have a large incisional hernia following this and have huge swelling in my tummy . I have not experienced it elsewhere though. I do know it is a major blood route that is changed so many things could be affected depending on each person. I have no answers to this one I afraid though sorry 😕 will ask a few people who i met when i had the op if they had similar issues and I shall report back if there is any info. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.