Right indirect inguinal hernia

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

So I have a small right indirect inguinal hernia. Fat is seen within the hernia sac. I'm having a problem with bowel. I have tension above the pubic area and I can't pass stool. When I try to I can feel pressure on my right side of the igunial area. Is it possible that the hernia is the cause of me not passing stool properly

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I think it is. My doctor said to get help immediately if I had constipation. I believe you could have a case of strangulation. At least I think you should hurry back to your doctor for her/his opinion.
    • Posted

i had a CT Scan done

according to them it can be the reason for constipation.

a surgeon checked to see and he said when i cough he can feel something in the pubic area.

there is tension in the pelvic area above the pubic area where the bladder is .because when i try to pass stool its stiff on the bladder part as well on the sides .

• Posted

sorry i meant to say they said it cant be the reason for Constipation
  • Posted

It can be if it is a bit of your bowel and not fat trapped in the hernia.  This used to happen to me from time to time but I had a lot of pain as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.