Right Knee

Posted , 4 users are following.

Seen  Physio this morning had a good workout on the right knee very painful  got it to bend 95  degree but need to get it to 120 I did the  exercises that she asked  me to do from the bike to bouncing on the ball (which makes me laugh ) to doing heal toe on the  trampoline  I also did knee lunging but by then I had enough she was a little concerned that I have swelling and can’t seem to get it down the pain is  not as bad as when I first had the new knee but I just feel it’s not right a lot of numbing which could be the nerve endings knitting back together but I also have a lot of stinging in the knee and pulling at the back of the knee

Also seen the nurse today who was pleased that the abscess hole has now virtually healed with a nice colour to the skin  I see the doctor next Friday by then I’m hoping my pain has gone down from 6 to 0 and if he is pleased with how much I can move bend my knee without pain with luck I can go back to work as it’s driving me mad being stuck at home being Miserable

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Kathleen, it looks like your training for the Olympics biggrin no wonder your knee is swelling!! Sorry to hear that you are unable to bring the swelling down neutral, what method (s) are you applying to bring the swelling down?
    • Posted

I wish I was training for the olympic’s at 63 I’m too old😂😂

I do ice pack and  elevate  I’ve now got the knee cuff to try out 

I am concerned about the numbness stinging and a funny clicking at the back of the knee all I want is to be able to walk without pain and to stop moaning 😂😂🤔 

• Posted

Kathleen, your comment all I want is to be able to walk without pain and to stop moaning 😂😂🤔 

Report this

Reply to KATHLEEN,  your comment "aIl i want is to be able to walk without pain and to stop moaning 😂😂"   is it possible to stop moaning as you being a women as we all know that heredity that all women moan all the time lollol (only joking). HOPEFULLY all things work out for you soon!!!

Report this

? 0

• Posted

Kathleen, I had a similar trouble with my own knee and I understand how it can get you down. Although it seems to me they are pushing you very hard at physio where the workload should be more spilt allowing you time at home to do some exercises and slowly build up. That would be my advice as this worked for me. 
    • Posted

Hi Peter Hope you are well on this fine sunny day that we have the physio that I’m seeing at the moment is at our local hospital she has been concerned about my knee due to the amount of swelling that I have  when I’m doing the exercises with them after a bit I had to stop because it just gets too much for me maybe because I’m not fit in the first place 😂😂  when I get home I rest then before I go to bed I’ll make sure I do some exercises but I will say going up the stairs is very difficult I get halfway and end up going up the rest on all fours quite funny really especially if you were behind me you would laugh !!  Today I went to visit a friend and we walked from her house in two Worcester I would say I did about 2 miles I’m glad I took my crutch as I don’t think I would’ve managed  we have to get a taxi back to her house but it was worth it I’m now home in agony rubbing my knee like it’s going out of fashion also taken pain relief  I have to be honest I can’t wait till it does stop hurting but it’s not as bad as it was and it’s like everybody says  give it time and be patient and that I must learn  my left knee also needs replacing but as I’ve said in previous posts I don’t think I can stand the thought of it this year so I’m going to try and put it on hold until next year but I also need to find a consultant as I discharge myself from my consultant as we didn’t get on and I don’t feel he treated me very fairly still life goes on so strong everybody keep positive look to the future 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.