Right low abdominal discomfort and right foot pain/tingling

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been suffering from constant, dull lower abdominal pain/discomfort on the right side for the last 4 months. The other symptom I have is a weird feeling on my right foot (like a numbness/tingling).

There is no obvious bulge in the area and when I press it with my hand it doesn't hurt.

I get this sensation/discomfort mainly when I am sitting and my abdominal area is somehow "squeezed". If I stand up I get relief.

Also, I keep hearing bowel sound on the right lower side, exactly when my pain is...However, I am going to the toilet normally and I don't have any other bowel related symptoms.

I have done almost all the tests: gynaecological ultrasounds, kidney/ureter ultrasound, lower pelvic CT scan and all were normal.

I live in the UK and the doctors do not even examine me… They gave me anti –inflammatory medicine but nothing happened…

I am suspecting either hernia or chronic appendicitis.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Your doctors have examined you well since they have given you all these tests!  Ask for an abdominal ultrasound to check your gallbladder and ask for a HIDA scan to check gallbladder function since your pain is right sided.  I would have thought that a CT would have picked up appendicitis.   An abdominal hernia would have shown up as a lump. It is also good that your doctors are giving you pain medication even though it hasn’t helped.  It shows that they are trying to help you.  If they hadn’t offered you scans and pain relief, this would have been very remiss. But this hasn’t happened.  They are trying to help!
    • Posted

Hi Pippa and thanks for the response! Unfortunately the doctors at my GP do not care at all. I have done all those exams privately, paying on my own. My GP is not even examining me and has only suggested that it was an inflammation. If it was the gallbladder wouldn’t the pain be at the upper abdominal area?
    • Posted

Hi

Like you I am paying for mine as my GP’s are rubbish. I’m in the U.K as well and it takes forever to see a GP, then they keep giving me different ones. As far as I’m concerned, they just keep sending us away with pills and giving wrong diagnoses. 😔

• Posted

The gallbladder is in the upper abdominal area.  See a different doctor since you are not getting a diagnosis.
    • Posted

My sister just had to have her Gallbladder removed. She was having crazy nausea and hadn't been able to keep anything down in days. She started vomiting blood from all the damage to her stomach and throat from the vomiting. The dr. tried to tell her it was from smoking marijuana. My mom who works in the medical field wasn't having and knew what tests to ask for and eventually they got it narrowed down and removed her gall baldder and she was better within hours after surgery, other than the recovery from surgery obviously. 

• Posted

I am sorry to hear your news!  However, at least she found out what was wrong iand is now in recovery.  The very best of luck to you and your sister!
  • Posted

I had this weird feeling in my foot as well. It is either a Vitamin B 12 deficiency (you get that just from animal products or take a supplement) or Calcium deficiency.

Since I take a Multivitamin and an extra Calcium/ Magnesium supplement (500mg mornings and 500mg evenings) it’s gone.

Vitamins B12 is also very important for digestion so this could also explain the dull feeling in lower right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.