Right Lower Quadrant dull pain of the abdomenj for 2 months

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys. Just wanna share with you what I am experiencing right now regarding my abdominal problem while I’m awaiting for further tests.

For 2 months, I’ve been experiencing dull discomfort in my right lower quadrant abdomen. Initially, I rarely felt it but these past few days, it is getting more frequent. And sometimes, the “discomfort” is turning into a moderate “pain” especially when I am moving/walking. Aside from the dull pain, I also started to experience IBS-like symptoms since 1 month agoI felt bloated and full after eating a small amount of food/fluid, pass foul smelling gas more frequently, pass loose stool(not watery though) more frequently(before it was only once a day, now it became 2-4x a day), and my upper quadrant abdomen usually felt tender to touch. There are also rare times that I can feel the pain on different parts of my abdomen. Sometimes, I also feel nauseous but I have never vomited yet during this period. I also feel lightheaded sometimes although I started feeling light headedness 6 months ago which comes and goes so I’m not sure if it is related.

I already had a bunch of tests. My blood test showed normal results except for the marginal value on ALT. Abdominal ultrasound revealed fatty liver. CT scan on abdomen and pelvic area confirmed fatty liver and mildly prominent lymph nodes adjacent to caecumwhich stated may indicate presence of mesenteric adenitis. In two weeks time, I’ll be undergoing stomach endoscopy and colonoscopy.

My GP suspects that it is due to IBS and the gastro that he referred me to suspects that I’m constipated. I asked them about my “mildly prominent lymph nodes near caecum” and they seem to just ignore it. 

I also used to take Domperidone and Esomeprazole but they didnt’t seem to help. 

Have you guys experienced the same symptoms I’m having? What were the findings? I’m also curious about the mildly prominent lymph nodes near caecum which is coincident to the right lower quadrant abdomen. I also haven’t done any stool tests. Do you think it’s necessary?

Thank you in advance.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

So, V interested in what you discover, been dealing with similar almost 2 yrs, r lower quad, not really pain, more like an ache, upright posture seems worse; reclining best; possibly related urine issues, feel a general malise, no get up & go; have had almost every test, all clean, still feel rotten. ???

• Posted

Hi Nickoli123. Thanks for your reply. So sorry to hear that you’re also suffering from the same condition. It’s really inconvenient, right? I hope we recover from this soon. 

Although my symptoms of IBS is less frequent now, I can still feel the lower right quadrant dull ache and sometimes slight pain.

Tomorrow is gonna be my endoscopy/colonoscopy so today I’m gonna have an all-liquid diet. I’ll also be drinking Glycoprep-C in a while. I hope the effects are not too bad.

• Posted

Wishing you the best, I've had every test, some multiple times, no diagnosis. I have 3 more upcoming, the swallow the camera thing (@ gastroenterology ) and a flow test & an inserted camera into the bladder test, (THAT sound like a blast). Still looking for a diagnosis.

More later?

• Posted

I have the exact same symptoms! Did you get a diagnosis? I had endoscopy which showed hiatal hernia but not sure if this is related. Always bloated , dull ache in lower right side. Do let me know if you find out what’s wrong. Thanks 
    • Posted

Hi Kelly, sorry for the late reply. The endoscopy/colonoscopy results were normal. After that diagnosis, I felt better. Did you find out what’s wrong? Hope you’re feeling better now.  

However, about 3 weeks ago, I felt the dull pain in my lower right abdomen again. Initially it occurred very rarely and less noticeable, unfortunately, it was occuring more frequently and got more intense these past few days. Sometimes I even feel that my lower right abdomen is pierced by a sharp needle for a second. And also, I started to feel bloated again about 4 days ago. Mostly I feel it when sitting. I am not sure if it is related but winter started about a month ago here where I am currently residing. 

• Posted

Lower right abdominal pain is defined as abdominal pain occurring to the right of an imaginary line drawn from above the pubic bone in the mid-line, up to the level of the belly button or umbilicus. Pain in this area is the most common reason for people going to accident and emergency departments across the world. Appendicitis,Constipation,Urine Tract Infection,Mesenteric Lymphadenitis In Children,Irritable Bowel Syndrome,Ectopic Pregnancy,Ovarian Cyst Problem,Endometriosis,Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID),Crohn's Disease,and Hernias are the common Causes of Lower Right Abdominal Pain

• Posted

I know this is a very old thread, but could you please give me an update what was your abdominal problem related to? I have been experiencing very similar mild pain for some time now and it's been bothering me mentally a lot. I did 2 ultrasounds and nothing was found except for gas. Went to 2 doctors and they said 2 different things. The first one thought is a chronic appendicitis and the second says its IBS. Been taking some medicine but the pain is still there. Generally i feel the pain when I bend over to tie my laces , when I try to lift something, or when i stretch out. I feel no pain when sitting of walking

• Posted

Forgot to say that both doctors told me , if the taking medicine doesn't Im gonna have to do a colonoscopy. That thing scared me a lot. Please let me know how did everything go with you. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.