Right rib discomfort and a burning pain in right shoulder

Posted , 1 user is following.

nearly 2 years ago I my symptoms started with a funny balloon feeling under my right rib. The best way I can describe it is like when your heavily pregnant and your baby has a foot or arm pushing on your rib. I scared myself silly and thought I had done damage to my liver, I used to enjoy more than the recommended allowance of wine in a week at 5-6 bottles a week! They done my blood work which liver function etc was all fine other than slightly elevated AST at 50, 4 weeks later this dropped to 41. I had an ultrasound which was all clear too. I then put the sensation down to weight and knocked the wine on the head except when in company so haven't gone completely teetotal. Nearly 2 years on I have lost my excess weight c1.5 stone and the feeling is back worse than ever. Blood taken again Feb 23 with AST of 46 then last night in A&E back at 41. Another ultrasound all clear except a couple of small cysts on my liver which they say are common. I know have a burning sensation in my right shoulder at the back up the top and have taken some spasm like sensations under my right rib which started yesterday. I ended up in A&E as I was really concerned. They examined me and took blood and sent me on my way with no answers. Doctor has also taken stool samples so bowel problems have also been ruled out. Lansoprazole prescribed 4 days ago which doesn't yet seem to be doing anything. Its driving me mad. Doctor said could be costochondritis, hernia, slipping rib! It doesn't hurt to touch or when i breathe. Feels best when lying down or in the bath. Anyone here have anything similar? I'm 42. Female and have 1 child nearly 7, uncomfortable pregnancy, forceps and retained placenta (no idea if any of that could connect it)

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.