Right shoulder Pain from last 3 months.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, Guys, I need help to heal my right shoulder pain. It has been annoying me from last 3 months. My daily job is on computer/software development.

I am not feeling any sharp/hard pain during the day or while working normally. But I have pain for certain shoulder/arm movements. I am doing physical therapy now, but it's not healing. It has been more than 1 month for it. I have MRI reports and findings as well. My orthopedic surgeon suggested that go for 6 weeks PT.

MRI report:

IMPRESSION:

1. Interstitial partial thickness tear developing in superolateral aspect of the subscapularis tendon near its

insertion on the lesser tuberosity

2. Inflammation biceps pulley, rotator interval synovitis

3. Long head biceps grossly intact

4. Moderate superior cuff tendinopathy, subacromial bursal inflammation, lateral downsloping acromion with the narrow subacromial outlet

5. Mild glenohumeral capsulitis

FINDINGS:

Lateral downsloping acromion narrows the subacromial outlet. There is a small subacromial bursal effusion, moderate superior cuff tendinitis. The AC joint shows early cartilage wear, capsulitis. The acromion is curved along its undersurface.

There is an interstitial tear in superolateral fibers of subscapularis. By cross-sectional section this involves approximately one third of the tendon thickness.

There is a mild posterior decentering of the humeral head relative to the glenoid. There is a limited partial tear of the posterosuperior labrum.

Cartilage is thinned along the superomedial humeral head.

There is thickening and mild inflammation in capsule at the axillary pouch.

No transverse tearing or subluxation of the long head biceps. There is significant synovitis in the rotator interval, swelling of the biceps pulley which forms the margins of the interval.

Please, help me to get rid of this problem. It's annoying daily.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Did your Dr. suggest surgery?  I had a complete rotater cuff tear, Bone spur and torn bicept.   My surgery was 3.5 months ago.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.

Yes he suggested but that's the last option he thinks.

How was your surgery? How are you feeling now after the surgery?

• Posted

Well tricky questions.  My right shoulder is healing as it should.   It is a very slow process and my doctor never really informed me of this.  I still have pain, but my PT says I am where I should be.  It takes 6 to 12 months to recover.   I am still having issues reaching behind my back.   You also have to remember you will be in a sling 4 to 6 weeks, so your recovery starts after that.

Unfortunately my left shoulder and wrist have issues now.  Going to ortho for that this week.

This is a very long recovery for this surgery and if your mind knows that (mine didnt) you should be ok.   Make sure you have someone who can be there for you and help the first month.

• Posted

Oh man, I know I am tired of this pain from last 3 months. I am not sure my MRI reports findings are correct or not. I am not in favor of surgery at all. My work is on the computer every day. I can't afford a long break because of surgery. I want to heal by PT if possible. One of my friends said that it will take 6-8 months for the sure. Keep doing daily exercise without getting hurt. I am not sure where I will be ended up sad

More important is that I do not know any reason for these all findings. It's chronic shoulder problem. I do not remember what I did with my shoulder before 3 months ago which is causing me a lot of trouble now sad

• Posted

Same here, mine have gone on for  17 years.  Cortisone shot worked very well for me in the beginning.   Have you tried that?  I had one that lasted 7 years, then more frequently.  Finally they said they wouldn't do it anymore because it comprises the tissue after so many.   I have one a year for the last 4 years before surgery.   

• Posted

No, I didn't try Cortisone shot. Is it helpful? How long? I am visiting the different doctor to get the different opinion on my MRI report.

• Posted

Well my first one lasted 7 years before I had trouble again.   Then I had a few that lasted 2 years, towards the end they lasted one year. I would definitely ask and go this route if you are unsure about surgery.   Your doctor should be able to tell you more.  I did the surgery because I was out of options.   Please let me know what your second opinion says!  I am going in Thursday for my first shot on my left shoulder.   Surgery was on the right one.
    • Posted

Ohh man 7 years too much. After that shot zero pain at all? I'll share the second opinion in the next week Wednesday. I am 27 years old and I am afraid that why this kind of shoulder problems starts sad

I am doing computer work most of the day in my routine life. I hope you will feel better for your right/left shoulder both.

• Posted

I had a another doctor appointment, he said the same thing. He asked for the X-Rays and he said everything is good in the X-Rays reports. However, he agreed with previous MRI report.

1. tendon inflammation.

2. rotator cuff problem.

He asked me to continue PT exercises and gave cortisone injection today.

Does cortisone injection help? How long per one injection?

• Posted

Cortisone usually helps.   It may take a few days.   You can have another one in 4 months to help also depending on your doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.