Right Shoulder pain ongoing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

i had surgery on my Right Shoulder, Decompression in July 2016, but I'm still having lots of pain, sleepless nights.. I've been having regular physio therapy and tried all sorts of meds. I've just had a recent MRI and its states effusion and capsular thickening and swelling of the AC joint. Insertional supraspinatus ans infraspinatus tendinopathy is also stated. I have had 3 cortisone injections, I had my recent injection last Wednesday but I'm still feeling pain. I'm starting to loose faith in my surgeon as I just feel like I'm a bother to her and she has said there's not many options left? I don't want to stay with this ongoing pain! What should I do? Any suggestions! Can someone please advise as I'm over this pain.

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sorry you're in pain.

Are you UK or US based?

Thx Nick

• Posted

I'm sorry you are having pain- I understand being over the pain! I would suggest getting a second opinion from another doctor and talk to your PT. I had to "interview" 3 surgeons before I found one I trusted and felt like was taking the time needed to review my situation- even though they were all highly recommended to me by other doctors and patients. You have to advocate for your health so if you don't feel like the doctor is spending time with you then get all your records and seek a second opinion! Good luck

• Posted

Hi,

thanks for for the reply. Yes I agree about getting another opinion but I just thought I'd give my current surgeon the benefit of the doubt. It's just going on and on now. I was just curious to see what people thought and if they had any other suggestions.. Good advice thanks! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.