Right side abdominal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been having right side abdominal pain radiating to the ribs to the right pelvic to the hip to the thigh that goes to the legs. I have had so many tests done but my doctor keep saying its IBS. I am now seeing a Gyna who has ordered for a pelvic exam (ultra sounds). My bowel movement changed i constipate and at times i get diarreah bouts. I have health anxiety issues so the above condition leaves me totally exhausted. Anyone who had such and perhaps has gotten the answers? Kindly help

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Which tests have you had?

• Posted

It could be IBS, but if you are having upper right pain, it could be gallstones or gallbladder problems or possibly even liver pain.

• Posted

both upper and lower. My ultrasound sound says I have pid

• Posted

Your pain is caused by gas stemming from IBS. It can be relieved with simethecone anti-gas tablets.

• Posted

It can also be relieved with hot tea with lemon juice and sugar.

• Posted

It could be IBS, especially if your pain moves about. See what your gynae doctor says first If this and other tests are negative, it could still be IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.