Right side abdominal pain/pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

The morning after Christmas, I awoke severe stomach pain. Went to ER, they suspected appendicitis. Thank goodness, they said they determined it was not after zooming in. When a Ct is done on the abdomen for suspected appendicitis do they typically still look at the remainder of the abdominal region to rule out anything else? They have me pain meds and said go home and take some of that heartburn medicine you said you have. Here I am, almost a week later. Same pain, except now when I push or touch my abdomen on my right side just below rib cage to belly button it feels bruised. I am constantly feeling like I need to get a bubble out in both directions, bloated. Thoughts, see a GP, GI or don't wait and go to another ER? I have taken pain meds and Heartburn meds w no relief. 😔 thanks everyone.:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Also, in recently had an ultrasound due to pain that was localized on right side for over a month. No Gallstones found.
  • Posted

From my experience if they suspect something and it turns out that was not the problem they figure everything is fine and look no further. Then if you still have the complaint they'll do another ct scan or xray . They get paid for every test. The more test the more money. I've had many tests this past year and they only look for one specific thing in each test. Money is the only reason I can think of.

• Posted

You are right. Is all about money. I had done 3 endoscopic.brain test. 2 abdomen scans, 3 motility tests, Colonscopy, braium test 5 GI doctors another test coming up this week for nothing found. Blood works good. But still vomiting every time i eats. No solutions so far.
    • Posted

There will be a lot of people disagree with my opinion , but they usually work in the medical field. Trying to justify their jobs I think. It's happened on here before. Anyway if they do an ultrasound of the spleen , they will schedule you back to look at something else that could be done at the same time. I think the majority of doctors think all their patients are rather stupid.

• Posted

I am still experiencing quite a bit of abdominal pain. Has not let up. I just want to curl into a ball. I have never felt this kind of pain before. 😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.