Right side chest pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Extreme pain in right side of chest/middle upper stomach. When it happens it is so sharp it takes my breath comes in waves then goes away for days to weeks. This has been going on for months. I have had ekg, ultrasound, ct, mri all with no diagnosis. I'm afraid one of these days I will be having a heart attack and will ignore it because this has been going on for so long. Pain seems to come after eating but not always..extremely frustrated that I cant get a diagnosis so the problem can be fixed

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like acid reflux. I didn’t think it could hurt that much until I had a major episode. Once I did, I understood why they call it heartburn. Have your doctors considered this?
    • Posted

I have reflux...my food actual comes up whole for hours after I eat but never acid I had a scope done 2 months ago and they said there was no sign of any acid reflux
    • Posted

That’s very strange. Did they take any biopsies?
    • Posted

Yea he said everything looked good. I feel like I have turned into patient X Haha but it's very frustrating. Everything that I look up points to gallbladder but they say my gallbladder is fine also. There has to be something going on and i feel like they are starting to dismiss me because they dont see anything.

• Posted

I have acid reflux and nothing showed on my endoscopy eirher.  My Gastro doctor suggested I have a weak oesophageal sphincter which opens up when it shouldn’t and lets acid spew out.  Pain from acid reflux can feel like a heart attack   Have you tried an OTC antacid or has your doctor tried  you on a PPI?
  • Posted

I have had all the same tests done except MRI

I was told I have inflamed ribs/Rib Cage 

I think they think it’s all in my head 

Worse is the nausea and dizziness and migraine because of the pain on my right side 

Good Luck to you 

• Posted

Stay away from anything fatty, if more fatty causes more pain, likely to be gallstones.

If it is acid reflux, stay away from red meat in the evening, but especially things like garlic, undercooked onions, even cinnamon and mixed spice set me going, also have noticed I can eat chocolate, but not after 1pm in the afternoon.

have a half glass of milk after food, sip slowly, amazing that it works for me, but it does, and then if I get pain, even more milk, warmed, again sip slowly, sometimes find myself sipping away at 10pm at night, to relieve pain, then I have another look at what I have eaten the last few days, that's how I worked out even chocolate was not a good idea.

• Posted

Wouldn't they see gallstones in all the imaging they have done...I cant drink milk about 6yrs ago It started hurting my stomach

• Posted

They would see gallstones, but you could have a sluggish gallbladder. That wouldn’t show up, but might cause the same symptoms. 
    • Posted

A malfunctioning gallbladder would show up on a HIDA scan.
    • Posted

My apologies. I meant the that it wouldn’t have shown up on the scans she’d had. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.