Right side cramping and bloating

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the last 2 months I have been having right side cramping (near belly button) and bloating after I eat too big of meals or meals containing a lot of fatty foods. The cramping isn't super painful but constant almost everyday especially when I am sitting and working. It's make it very hard to work and the dull pain really starts to weigh on me by the end of the day.

Cramping is relieved by: Working out, moving around, sleeping, lorazepam and heat pad

Doctor visits: 2 doctors ruled out appendicitis, blood was fine, told me it sounded like IBS

Things I've tried: Cutting gluten, cutting lactose, cutting artificial sweeteners, and a few other foods, doesn't seem to respond to food (besides the overeating/fatty foods mentioned previously)

Medications: I have had panic disorder for 5 or 6 years now so I keep a bottle of lorazepam and when I took one for one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had (from worrying about the pain) it relieved all my cramping. A week later I tried using it again and it worked again and relieved my pain for 2 days.

Not wanting to take lorazepam consistently my doctor prescribed me Hyoscyamine Sulfate (an anti spasmodic) And the Hyoscyamine had absolutely no effect and maybe made the pain worse after using it for a few days. Also tried a peppermint supplement that had no effect.

Does this sound like IBS? Does this sound like something else? I have been looking into the pain and bloating being all psychological so maybe thinking of asking about SSRIs.

Additional information: Bowel movements are fine and regular, no additional sounds from my stomach, I have very little stress and I am very happy otherwise. The pain is definitely making life much harder. I usually get panic attacks from being overly sensitive about sensations in my body.

Thank you for reading.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

get your doctor's to check your gall bladder and for fatty liver, doesn't sound like IBS, well i don't think so but could be wrong as i am no doctor! the pain could also be a pulled muscle? worth exploring! good luck, someone will hopefully have an answer out there!

• Posted

Thanks so much for your response. Doctors ruled out gallbladder by urine & blood test. But it wouldn't hurt to ask them again about it. Thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.