Right side middle back pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there - Wondering if anybody experiences a pain on the right side of your middle back that seems to linger for a bit - At first I thought it was a muscle pain, but Advil doesn’t touch it - I seem to also experience some gas associated with this, & at times it feels like trapped gas...but in my back??? Ugh! Does anybody else get this? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beth - I have been experiencing this monthly for the past 3 months & had a Upper Right hand side Upper Quadrant CT Ultrasound - it came back clear - at first I thought I could be my gallbladder, hence the reason for the scan.  It just follows with a ton of trapped gas & then the pain eventually dissipates.  I am just curious if it is hormonal or more digestion related & just curious if anyone else has experienced it. 

• Posted

No I was thinking heart but if it checked out.  Then its not.  There are digestive issues.  I bloat up.  Always have indigestion.
  • Posted

Hi Debra, generalised aches and niggly pains are common with this wonderful process as are stomach issues and excess gas. I am experiencing terrible problems with my digestive system at moment, diahorrea, cramps, farting like a machine gun, and aches and pains all over my body, it changes from day to day where they are but sometimes they last for weeks! Dont fret you are so not alone in whats happening to you. This forum is great as there is always someone to talk to who knows what youre going through and we all care and share with one another to help and support eachother. Best thing is not to panic as that just makes things worse and tell yourself its just your hormones causing havoc. If you have serious concerns about yourself go to the dr and explain how you are feeling. Any dr worth his salt will arrange any necessary tests for you to put your mind at ease. But please dont worry because it is highly unlikely you have anything seriously wrong with you. You just have one problem and its called the menopause! XXX
  • Edited

I had all sorts too in my right side. Back front etc. I was also worried about gall bladder, kidneys, aorta etc. Had scans, endoscopy . All clear. I still had discomfort too. But at least I know nothing seriously wrong it just is perimenapause! So please try not to worry. Get yourself checked if you like. But don't be surprised if all comes bleary despite you having pains. Drs' don't understand perimenapause. They only go by mood tests. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Debra, i get pains all over mainly neck, back shoulders, hips, elbows OMG just about everywhere. I was at the Drs Friday just gone for pain in my mid and  right upper back, He thinks it is muscular and i tend to agree, the GP says when hormones fluctuate we get anxious and this leads to tension. I fear the worst like we all do, and i google and WOW yes Dr Google confirms it is cancer. I try not to google anymore as it is always the worst case senario.I also get trapped gas , only an hour ago i had pains under my ribs which will be bowel related. It is no fun at all sad.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.