Right side muscle atrophy for 4 years

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello!

I’m a 30y old female. My symptoms started after taking epsom salt liver flush. It started with twitching and some dents in muscles (all on right side). I felt twitching in my tongue,arms, belly, back and legs-as you can see it is widespread from the start. I wasn’t concerned about twitching as much as muscles changing shape, and all on right side. Till this day not one neurologist confirmed it as atrophy, but call it normal phisical asymmetry. But I know it hasn’t been like that always and that it started to change when twitching. I have dents on top of my tongue-right side, smaller right thenar muscle, dents in forearms, smaller calf muscle and smaller EDB on right foot. I had blood tests, all clear (tyroid, autoimmune panel, mineral status, MRI of lumbosacral spine, and EMG/NCS)

My emg only showed some mild chronic neurogenic changes-high amplitude in some muscles-up to 7mV-it was like 3-4 muscles in all muscles tested.  Doctors have left the needle in my muscles for almost a minute, and nothing happened-so there is really no spontaneous activity. And to be even worse, no doctor ever had seen my muscles fasciculate! It’s like i’ve been lying to them. 

I play piano and am an artist, so i really know my hands, and I know for sure that my right hand had more dexterity than it has now. But no neurologist has ever detected clinical weakness.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.