Right side of face feels like is pulling down

Posted , 4 users are following.

The right side of my face manly cheek feels like it's pulling down. It also feels like it's numb but it's not. I can move my face fine. Every time I look in the mirror it looks fine. It's been this way for about 5 days now. Its off and on but mostly during the day. I have health anxiety but haven't feelt this symptom before. Does anyone else have this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do get that, obviously have your doctor check for reassurance but anxiety affects all of our nerve endings and it also likes to throw new symptoms at us to scare us too.

My doctor used to get me to do all kinds of facial movements and even now I will check myself and make sure I can puff up my cheeks and frown properly, I get it in other parts of my body too, freaked out big time last night when I felt numb all down one side of my back but it was anxiety and my nerve endings responding to that, anxiety plays horrible tricks on us.

• Posted

I've had that happen quite a few times! It's certainly scary, but just remember that anxiety likes to get to us in that way, making us feel crazy. Also, remember that it IS just anxiety, & you'll be okay. Take a hot bath or shower, lay down, try to read a good book or watch a comedy.
  • Posted

Now I looked up MS and scared myself even more.
    • Posted

As hard as it is you must try not to look these things up, you will absolutely convince yourself that it's serious when it's anxiety, you would not believe the amount of things I have diagnosed myself with, absolutely 100% convinced I have them but then had doctors give me the all clear.

Have a chat with your doctor for reassurance but never let the internet diagnose you, it will just create more anxiety.

• Posted

You are spot on about the looking up of illness.  It causes the "What if" thinking to get worse.  The core of anxiety is is UNCERTAINTITY.  When you have anxiety, the best thing to do is find solutions to relax.  I know it sucks, but it is reality.  Anxiety feeds off of anxiety.  When you find ways to relax, and actually get even a little relief.  It is like a vacation.  Try meditation, especially guided meditations.  They are the best vacations from anxiety!
  • Posted

I have experience these affects of anxiety.  It is part of depersonlization, a feeling like we are losing control of our bodies, etc.  Anxiety causes us to constantly be checking for defects of our illness.  We get caught in obssesive loops of checking, etc.  Remind yourself that it is you anxiety, and try to refocus on something postive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.