Right side pain after a couple of alcohol drinks

Posted , 1 user is following.

I very rarely drink anything alcohol, haven't done for years but lately when I do I suffer terrible upper right side & back pain, so bad I turn white and nearly pass out. I had gastric sleeve surgery 7 months ago and the surgeon sent me back home with photos of an ectopic bulge on my pancreas to take to my GP. I left them with the secretary and haven't actually seen GP since due to covid restrictions, the surgeon had said that the bulge has probably been there historically and it's most nothing notable but this recent onset of bad pain is causing me to question. Prior to sleeve surgery I did suffer discomfort when lying on my left side, I assumed that my extra weight was the cause but I've lost over 3 stone in 7 months and I'm now just over 11st, I still have the discomfort when lying o my left side.

Over the last 15yrs whenever I've had routine bloods my liver enzymes were always elevated and the Dr always asked about my drinking habits but I genuinely rarely drink and when I do its only ever just a couple of drinks. I'm not sure if I have any reason to be concerned enough to seek GP advice or treatment?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.