Right side pain under ribcage

Posted , 9 users are following.

For the past few weeks I have been experiencing pain under my ribcage on my right hand side, side pain and dull ache up to my shoulder blade. Constantly feeling sick. I have had several tests- MRI scan, Ultrasound and CT scan, camera down into my stomach. All have come back clear of any gallbladder stones or irregularities. Consultant recommends a HIDA scan to check gallbladder function as he thinks I have gallbladder disease. Has anyone else had this sort of problem? What is the HIDA scan  like?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi gwyneth, sorry to hear that you're suffering. I've had v similar symptoms. I saw my gp yesterday and she seems to think it could be gallstones or minor food intolerances due to age, being near menopausal age, excess of rich foods over Christmas etc. She's prescribed me 20mg omeprazole with a recommendation to come back and get scanned if symptoms don't settle. I have been feeling nauseous after eating the past couple of days and getting niggly shoulder pain also. Fingers crossed things will ease off!! Hope you're feeling better soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.