Right side sever head pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having this terrible pain on the right side of my head and neck it's usually felt in the back of the head or the top part and it's not a headache or migraine. And I also feel weakness a little on my right side in my arms Has any one else felt this or have an ideal what this could be?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi why me .  have you seen a neurologist. or had a nerve induction test to the affected areas . it could be nerve generated from the back of the neck nerve entrapment can cause this to happen but you should get this checked out through your gp or referral to neurologist or hospital .i have a simular problem with the neck and head which turned out to be 2 neurological disorders ive had for years and they are both nerve related pain syndomes .  so i would get them checked out. another thing you can try yourself best doing it sat down to the right side of the back of your  neck put a finger on your neck and press if the pain is reduced or not try it . it helps me and has done for a long time now it works better than medication does. hope the info was of some use and wish you well.
    • Posted

Thank you, all of these symptoms started a few weeks ago all at once. So it's kind of freaking me out. But I did make an appointment with an neurologist for June 1st. I'm praying and hoping it's nothing serious...

• Posted

Good luck tomorrow !

Please tell me what the Neurologist says !

• Posted

I hope you've been tested for a stroke ??

• Posted

I just went to the Er and they only did an MRI and said everything looked normal, but I'm still having problems with my nerves so I really don't know what's going on

• Posted

Yes, I have exactly this on the left side of my neck and head.  It also goes down into the pressure points in my left shoulder, but I mostly feel it in the base of my skull where the head meets the neck.  Lately I've been getting pain in and behind my ear and it seems to be related.  I will also get a tingly, electrical feel in my skull along the occipital nerve when I'm having real severe pain in my neck.  I haven't been to a neurologist but I do physical therapy which does help.  The manual stretches and massage they do there takes pressure off the nerve and really helps with the pain.  I'd be very interested to hear what the neurologist tells you when you go!  I've been debating whether or not I should see one.

• Posted

hi viv  i find it all so interesting and i hope  why me reads it as well . you say that you go to the physical therapy and that it helps you . i also have and get the symptoms you mention  i have found that a rolled up towel or finger too the back of the neck calms muscle and nerve pains to therapeutic levelling to sensitivity reduced pain a couple of years ago now there were trails relating to all kinds  of different medical conditions  using a electro stimulation of nerves done to the neck with very good results nerve pain travels to areas of the body but a simple intervention with nerves in the neck by disrupting nerve signaling thus reducing pain levels . i wish you well.
  • Posted

I ended up not going to the Neurologist, but did go to physical therapy.

The P. T. has really helped the nerves and muscles and my headaches are still there but not as severe!!

You have more problems than  did and I think you should go ahead and see a Neurologist !

He will do some testing and hopefully find what's wrong and go from there !

Good luck !!

• Posted

Hey Donald's, I have an appointment with the neurologist tomorrow but so for the headache has went away, so I'm guessing that's a good thing but I'm still going to go in and ask them to do testing just to make sure everything is OK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.