Right sided low pelvic intermittent pain anyone?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I was just wondering if someone can please share their  experience with an ovarian cyst. I have pain/sharp twinges really that have been in the lower right pelvic area. The pain comes and goes like every 10 mins for the last 3 days, in your experience could this be a cyst? Just awaiting a doctors appointment but am very anxious in the meantime & any advice would be greatly appreciated smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ive had intense right lower pain, but the only way to know is to go get an ultrasound. Trust me, go! feel better
  • Posted

Hi what was the result? i am currently experiencing this!!!

• Posted

Hi Pam, I have had a pain in my left hand side, it's like a little pressure/ache for a split second then it goes, it's really intermittent it started the night before last. I have been told it could be down to ovulation as That can happen I can remember having a twinge last month then it going. Seen the GP yesterday and she said that it could be this and if it continues for a few days then to go back and she will send for an ultra sound. I suffer from really bad health anxiety so it makes it a million times worse. Hope u feel better and your mind is put to rest soon. Let us know how it goes. Sam
  • Posted

Hi everyone, thx for the replys 😊 well I ended up seeing my doctor who recommended waiting until after my period. I did this & the pain actually did go away after about a week. Well here I am again & since ovulating the pain is back again! Could this definitely be a cyst? Seems to last 2 weeks after ovulating, till I get my period then it's gone again? Anyone else get this? Are my hormones making this cyst act up? 
    • Posted

Hi Pam! I had the worse pelvic pain on my right side for about 2 months and then had a really bad day went to dr and was told it was just "period pain" I did end up getting my period a couple days later and then my pain went away for a little bit. It did end up coming back and just went to the dr and I have a 7 cm cyst on my left ovary. After the pain went away the first time I thought well maybe it is just peroiod Pain and almost didn't go back to the dr. After reading some blogs I decided to get checked just to have a piece of mind and I am so glad I did. I go back in a month to see if it has grown.
    • Posted

Thx for the reply, did the pain come back after you came off you period? This is what seems to happen to me, I have 2 weeks of pain (it starts around ovulation time) then the pain lets up after my period is done. Very strange & I'm not sure if hormones are making it act up. Did you have any other symptoms? I am so bloated (I looks 5-6 months pregnant) and feel it & I get full quickly after eating. I do have IBS as well, so I'm not sure it it's acting up as well, or this is from my possible ovarian cyst....
    • Posted

Yes usually i don't have pain while on my period. My other symptoms were horrible cramps, bloating, heavy irregular periods and back pain. Keep us posted on your dr appt! Did they say they would do an ultrasound at next appt if your still having pains?
    • Posted

I have a requisition for an ultrasound already, my doctor gave it to me at my last appointment so I wouldn't have to go back. I am on my period now so as soon as I'm done I will go. Did you have actual distension in your belly or just the feeling of being bloated? I look and feel as if l am 5-6 months pregnant and it's very uncomfortable...
    • Posted

I didn't have a distension only bloating. I have heard of ppl having that tho! Also seen pictures and it does look like their pregnant. Hope you find answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.