Right temple pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

For as long as I can remember say about age 25, now 58, I have been getting a right pain in my temple so sharp and digs in, then pain around my right eye, been on lots of antidepressants over the years , plus pain killers, get hotness with it, and need to wee alot, just wondering could this be migraine ,and have I missed out on any treatment , had it today and yesterday on and off,

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

he doctoI am exactly like you but the pain is on the left side. I am like this since i was 12 years now 65 years old. I finally saw a neurologist  (for migraines)  and he said I had chronic daily migraine with alloydinia. I have tried everything inpatient for treatment in hospital botox went over  from Ireland to kings college to see Professor Peter Goadsby 3 times. My beloved Mother died suddenly in January. I was her carer with my brothers help.In April had to go to the hospital room was spinning terrible pain in both ears and I was dizzy. The doctor said i was too complexa case and go home and take panadol. When i finally got to see my neurologist he said my migraine had gone through the roof due to my Mother's sudden death and i am going into hospital for a tot knee replacement which i am very nervous about.I am waiting for new drug aimovig (cgrp) by novartis It will be available in UK from september ,will not be in Ireland till end of 2019.They are going to give to a few people here and my doctor is trying to get me on it I think you should go and see somebody that understands migraines,that is very important. Hope some of this has helped.I dont know which country you are in. Hope you get some relief soon .Joan

• Posted

Hi, I would say that this does sound like migraine. I get the pain on the left side, someone actually described the pain as someone standing on the side of your head in a stiletto heel, and that is what I get. I have tried different preventative medication over the years including antidepressants, I am currently on Pizotifen to try and reduce the frequency, I tend to get about 2 a week. Normal over the counter pain killers don't always work so I have been prescribed sumatriptan, which is a life saver and normally works within an hour so I am able to get on with my life. I am 62 and have suffered with migraines for over 40 years. It may be worth while seeing your GP and getting a proper diagnosis. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.