Right temple pain for 3 weeks

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello friends,

I have had a sharp pain in my right temple for roughly 3 weeks.  The pain comes and goes roughly every 20 minutes or so, and lasts only a few seconds.  It is localized in the same spot on my temple.  No medication has helped with relief and the pain has not stopped the entire 3 week duration.  I have always had headaches, however they were always easily treated with ibuprofin.  My parents do have a history of migraines.  

My doctor gave me antibiotics to rule out a sinus infection 2 weeks ago, with no relief.  I thought that perhaps the pain is from a pinched nerve from shoveling snow (the onset of the pain started the day after a big storm and a lot of shoveling) so I scheduled a massage, after 15 minutes the pain was bad and I requested the therapist to stop.  After the massage was the worst day of the pain, it was much more frequent.  I have also had chiropractic work without relief.  

I have had panic disorder for 10 years that is treated with clonazepam.  This pain is spinning my health anxiety through the roof.  My quality of life has gone down drastically, I am depressed and most of all afraid.  My brain naturally goes to the most catastrophic place.  It is not the pain that gets me, it's the fear.  

I have searched the internet to try and find someone with similar symptoms, but no avail.  I will be scheduling another appointment with my doctor as well as get an eye exam, and have a dentist look at my teeth.

Has anybody out there experienced anything like this.  Any advice or comfort would be very much appreciated.  

Thank you very much in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.