Right testicle ache and bloody discharge after sex

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 42 year old male and have started having issues with testicular pain (specifically with the one on the right). I would describe the pain as an achy sensation that comes and goes every 5 days or so. What has me concerned is that around the time this ache started (six months ago) i had an episode where several hours after having sex I started having bloody discharge while urinating. It looked like blood mixed with either mucus or semen and was not a huge amount, but still visible. The discharge cleared up after about 24 hours, but I still went to see a urologist who ordered multiple diagnostic tests including:

-Renal/Abdominal Ultrasound

-CT Urogram

-Prostate exam

-Ureaplasma/Mycoplasma culture


-STI panel

-Prostate Specific Antigen test

-Comprehensive Metabolic Panel

All of the above tests came back fine with nothing unusual showing up. I was advised the bloody discharge issue was most likely something benign such as a burst blood vessel. I have had a good sized spermatocele next to my right testicle for 20+ years so it was also theorized that was the cause of the aches i was feeling. Other than the occasional testicular ache things were quiet for about six months when the same thing happened again a few days ago (i had sex and a few hours later had bloody discharge while urinating that cleared up in 24 hours along with an increased achy feeling in the right testicle).


I am headed back to the doctor but wanted to see if there was any advice on what could be causing this to happen and also what other diagnostic tests would be good to have to find out what the root cause is. Given the list of tests i have already had performed i was specifically concerned that none of them looked at the testicles as a root cause of my issue.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Edited

    just out of interest did they check for vericocele? my husband has the same issues plus others. he has a right testi with vericocele

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Edited

      Thank you for the reply. Other than a physical examination I do not think any of the diagnostic tests i have had to date checked for varicoceles. the doctors i saw thought it was an issue with the kidneys, bladder, prostate, or ureters (all of which checked out fine). just out of curiosity, what type of test was performed to diagnose your husbands varicocele?

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted


      they did a simple ultra sound which showed up the vericocele clearly. hes just had his gallbladder out & is feelimg so much better! whilst there the surgeon told him vericocele was normally nothing but can be connected to other organ issues. sometimes its just a case of veins for no reason & they can be taken out. good luck!!!

      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up