Right TKR planned for July

Posted , 11 users are following.

Happy to find this site and the many folks ready to share their experience.

I am 66 and have had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 13 years quite reasonably well managed on a parade of drugs by NYC and Asheville Rheumatologists. Now on Rituxan 4 doses a year. My knees started giving real pain 4-5 years ago, getting worse as time went by. I have TKR scheduled for July in North Carolina and find the positivity and tips here very helpful. I know to do leg and arm exercises now to strengthen them before surgery, and to eat a high fiber diet etc. Any other tips from TKR patients? Things you wish you had done before the surgery for example?

I am a bit concerned that the surgery might trigger the RA to become active again but my doctors seem to have the meds etc under control, what to stop and what to keep taking. The Rituxan infusions are due about now but have been postponed until August. 

Thanks.

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Cynthia, hope you are doig well and ready for tomorrow. Will be thinkng about you and hope all goes well. Take care S x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.