Right upper eye lid swollen since over 2 years ago, nothing helped yet.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, as you can see in the picture I attached, my right upper eye lid is swollen since around 2 years.

I noticed it on christmas 2014.

It might've been swollen since way before that.

I've been to several eye doctors.

Some told me, I should accept my appearance, some told me there's nothing wrong with it, others told me it's a very mild disease and gave me eye drops which did nothing in the end.

My eye lid doesn't hurt all the time, but there are times when it hurts.

Sometimes it gets teary, and I feel, that in general my eyesight on that eye seems a bit worse than on my left eye.

And of course, my field of view is a bit limited, simply because that eye lid is lower than the other.

I really would like it, if my eye lid cures, but no matter to which doctor I go, no one helps me in the end : /

I hope anyone here can give me advice.

Thanks

Max

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I mistyped.

I meant, that I noticed it on Christmas 2013, not 2014.

So it's been around 2 years, without getting any better.

• Posted

Do yo clean your eye lids on a regular basis?
    • Posted

I clean my eyes every morning with cotton rounds.

I put water on them, and then gently rub my eyes with it.

I also used to use some artificial tear supplement, because one eye doctor said, it is because my eye is too dry.

I used that for some months, but it didn't help either.

• Posted

The best thing I cclean my eyes with (I have blepharitis) is wet ones. I cut them into strips and wipe in to out. Ther have been good discussions in Blepharitis forum about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.